jueves, 8 de marzo de 2012

SPANGLISH

After almost 40 years studying English I decided to change my strategy. Why? It’s easy to understand, after all this time making a big effort every day, the results have not been as good as they should have been. Then, why shouldn’t I change the way I work with my English?
A couple of months ago I took the decision to go a Vaughan Town (VT). VT is a full immersion English course where you can be in touch with Anglo people from all over the world for 6 days in our country, in this case in Paular Monastery of Rasacafria.
I am going to begin from the end. Was worth it? Yes, it was. I am 45 and I had never lived an experience like this, in which, you are with unknown people speaking, thinking and understanding all the time in English. The situation the first couple of days was really hard for all of us, 14 Spaniards and 16 Anglos, but it was worse for us than for the Anglos. I remember especially the first evening, I had a terrible headache and  I couldn’t almost speak.
About the Anglos I have to say that most of them were really interesting. There were people from The States, England, Scotland and Australia. Some of them were working and their range of age was between 22 and 50, and others were retired and they were upper 65 until 79!!! All of them were volunteers and they were here in Spain for holidays…. Incredible!!!, isn´t it???
The time table of a working day was always the same more or less:
At 9:00 we had breakfast all together in tables of four people, two Anglos and two Spaniards, and we had to sit across each other. It was the same routine for lunch and dinner.
We developed a lot of activities, some of them were individual and others were group activities. The most frequent were:
•One to one. I had a meeting with all the Anglos and we had to work in some expressions and phrasal verbs and speaking about what we preferred.
•Conference call. A topic was given and in a group of 4 people we worked on it.
•Telephone session. It was more or less as the one to one, but by phone.
•Others activities: oral presentation, skits, etc…..
We only had free time from 15:00 to 17:00, but the rest of the time we were really busy.
The times  went by and with the passing of the days the atmosphere between all of us was improving and at the end we were like a large family and we had a very good time.
So, finally, I have to recognize that my English is much better than before and I have met a very interesting people.
What else?

6 comentarios:

Mike Muddy dijo...

Titus has finally published a post fuck up!
But I have some questions:
- There were females in the group?
- Have you touched hair?
- Could you practice expressions like "I want to eat your pussy?" or "Put my cock into your mouth?"

Mike Muddy dijo...

Por cierto, escribes mejor en inglés que en español, hay que joderse :o)

yiyi dijo...

Que fueeeeerte Titus
debio ser agotador

gonso dijo...

Awesome!

Fucking great post. Good use of English and just a couple of minor mistakes.

Mike, I must say that your comment is beyond good manners and we are not used to this sort of expressions. Please refrain.

And in the end... Were there chiks around?

PacMan dijo...

I haven't words. Titus, you are my hero cause I never could do that you've done. Congratulations... for your correct words too.

José Angel dijo...

Triple effort, Jones. One: yuor week in VT; two: to write a post about it; three: to have done it in englsih.

Y encima, todos comentando in inglis. Eso si que es un logro. ¡Hay que joderse!

Congratulations!!!